Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Office Vacancies Rise


I think that one of the biggest opportunities to gain wealth in this coming Depression is in the commercial Real Estate market. Many commercial RE investors will not be able to cover their nuts as vacancies increase. I know my landlord at the car lot owns a bunch of industrial and retail properties. Many of his tenants(myself included) are struggling to pay the rent, and are giving notice they cannot continue operations. I am pretty certain there will be commercial foreclosures ramping up the next few years. Since you can't live in a commercial piece demand will be low, and banks will be offering firesale pricing, and in house financing to get these off the books. If I can get a fully leveraged break even with a bunch of upside potential, I'm in. Here's hoping it continues to get worse.(It's hard to swallow as I write that, but a true contrarian wants to see it hit the fan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment