Sunday, July 19, 2009

Going Down 7 Reasons why housing will keep sliding

This article coincides greatly with my own personal thoughts.http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/07/why-housing-isnt-yet-bottoming/. I have been hearing so much BS that the bottom is near, complete with graphs. I just can't see it. I have friends who seem to continue to get in trouble. My one buddy who is a small business owner just fell 90 days behind on his mortgage. That is the 5th person I know within my own sphere of influence in danger of losing his home. I think it is 2 to 3 years before we hit bottom, and I think the prices at the bottom will be painful if you are a homeowner. My RE Broker was sharing data with me that showings are up 200%. I guess that means people are looking. Why then aren't they buying? Could it be they are scared of a job loss, or they couldn't get financing, or is it that something in their gut just tells them it's just not the right time. Something just really smells bad. My next post will be rather insightful. Be sure to check back

No comments:

Post a Comment