Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wrestling with Appraisers On short sales


I almost had a short appraisal kill a deal for myself recently. The appraiser used a few low ball comps. I pulled a few of my own retail comps to try to help dispute his appraisal. He wouldn't even look at them, and at the end of the conversation I proceeded to curse him out. I am sure he was a part of all the fraud over the previous few years, and now he wouldn't even make a few thousand dollar adjustment on an FHA deal which was the buyers dream home. I guess he's afraid of something. Once again it is government intervention, too little, too late. I always said appraisers should never see an agreement of sale, so we could get a true opinion. Now that all the damage has already been done they change the rules. Now they are killing deals of people just trying to buy a place to live. What a crock of $hitit this is. One of these days I will have something good to post. Believe me I am searching hard for an opportunity to benefit from this trainwreck. Everyday I search the web for info, this is what I find. This could get real ugly. The 2nd wave is out at sea building right now. Don't let the stock market or media fool you. We are in for a long hard road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment